I am writing this on Friday afternoon. I know it may surprise you but I don’t write and hit publish on the Ultimate Rabbit Hole posts! 😉
Tonight I have been invited by the lovely Shannon from My2Morrows to be her +1 at the Telstra Business Women’s Awards. I am about to go and get the old scraper and putty out and try to fix up this face. Tonight I get fancy!
It has been so long since I have headed into Brisbane by myself, at night. I am so excited but to be honest the thought of getting home by myself scares the bejeebers out of me. My plan is to Uber it. My first Uber. Freaking out!
This is me being vulnerable. Normally I would act as if I do it all the time. Fake it until you start getting worried you are going to wake up in a ditch!
I am so annoyed at myself but it is simply being out of practice. Just over a decade ago I wouldn’t have thought twice about it. Regularly I caught the train home and walked to my car in the dark at the station. A thought that just made my heart beat a bit faster.
Perhaps it is motherhood that has done this to me? Now I see why my parents would happily come and pick my boozy ass up (or my sisters, she is not getting out of this) from anywhere.
Well, if I don’t respond to any of your comments by Sunday send out the search party. Meanwhile, I must get myself ready for a brilliant night with my friend and figure out the rest when I am a few champers down with not a care in the world.
Oh, that’s right. This is what I have been reading this week…
- How fun and pretty is this sensory play idea from Oh Creative Day! I can’t wait to try it with my kids.
- We put up our Halloween decorations this week. Not that I have put any out the front because I do not want so freaky clown crazy to think we want a scare (oh I am getting so old and fragile!). I like the idea of theming your reading around the “holiday” so here are some ideas from Strange & Charmed.
- Speaking of Halloween, Krissy from Pretty Wee Things has come up with some creative and healthy treats to feed the troops that come knocking.
- Just before I started this post I ticked something off my to-do list that had been on there for 4 months (I think, best not to check). It felt so good! I need all the help from Nicole at Planning With Kids and have started with how I can best prioritise my time.
- I bought my first Lunch Lady magazine which arrived this week. I can’t wait to get stuck into it. Maybe over this yummy Sweet Potato Toast Revelation. Savoury all the way for me!
Link up your weekly link list or just your favourite post of the week if you are not of the link list kind.
Please link only ONE post. This makes it fair for everyone and allows more posts to be read. Ta y’all!
If you are not a blogger and you are wondering ‘what tha?’ Jump in and find some awesome pieces of online goodness found around the traps this week on the buttons below.
My co-hosts are the lovely Paula at The Geeky Shopaholic (she always brings the good links) and splendid Sammie from The Annoyed Thyroid. The Ultimate Rabbit Hole will remain open until midnight on Monday. Link up here and you will appear across all three blogs.
Grab a cup of tea, jump in, get involved and spread the link up love around.
I would love to see you socially!