Kids are not the cleanest of creatures and they tend to take you down with them.
When my son was born, baby numero uno, I remember my husband and I going out for lunch for the first time with him. We had started getting ready at 11am and an hour and a half later we finally arrived at the cafe which was just 3kms away. Our disorganised lunch date allowed us only 15 minutes to put in our order before the kitchen closed.
We must have looked the sight. Eyes like we had just done 10 rounds in a boxing ring. Dishevelled hair.
We quickly ordered and then let out a sigh of relief that we had made it. We had ventured out of the house with our newborn.
It was then the Mr looked at my hands, “What is that?”
I looked down and noticed a mustard colour speckled all over my hands. A mustard substance that I saw only an hour earlier but in a much larger quantity.
My hands were covered in baby shit!
Mortified and disgusted I quickly found a toilet to clean up. In the rush to get out of the house and the thousand steps it took to get to lunch I had missed washing my hands in the bathroom after dealing with a baby explosion.
That is when one of these babies, hand sanitiser, was added to my baby bag and the change table and I did the same for the arrival of our little girl just recently. Dettol hand sanitiser allows me to clean my hands immediately after a change giving me clean hands to pick up bub straight off the change table.
Ari is now a big Threenager and I believe if you old enough to throw around that much attitude surely you have to be out of nappies! So I have begun trying again on the toilet training front.
After one very unfortunate accident this week that included a freak out and wiping poo from ear hole to breakfast time around the toilet I was reaching for the Dettol surface wipes.
When Dettol sent me a pack of their products recently I had placed them on my kitchen bench ready to be put in their easy grab spots. Little did I know I would grabbing them faster than you can say “Wipe my bum Mum!”
Good personal hygiene of the whole family importantly stops the spread of germs from one person to another. Nothing is worse than the whole house being taken out by pink eye!
I have found it is super easy with kids around, especially when everything is new, to allow things to slip a bit but I have found these simple products handy and easy. Leaving pink eye at the door!
The folks at Dettol sent me a range of their products to stock up the house and they have also given me the same pack for one of my lovely readers to win!
The Dettol prize pack includes:
1 x Instant Hand Sanitiser
1 x No Touch hand wash system and refill
1 x ProFresh Citrus Splash shower gel
1 x Surface Cleanser wipes
To win simply:
- Visit my Facebook page. I would love you to like me too but it isn’t a credential in winning the prize pack.
Tell me of a moment when you were lacking in good personal hygiene in the comments below. Of course it would never have been caused by your own doing and we will still remain friends as long as you forgive my mustard fingers.
So lay it on me! When did the ick take you down? Best of luck!
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a game of skill. Entry via comment on this post on Calm to Conniption as per the question above.
- One entry per person.
- The winner of the giveaway will be chosen by Karin O’Grady based on the most interesting/humorous answer.
- This giveaway is open to all Calm to Conniption readers in Australia.
- This giveaway is hosted by Karin O’Grady via the Calm to Conniption blog at www.calmtoconniption.com.
- The prize pack will be sent directly from Dettol once the winner has been advised.
- The prize consists of 1x Instant Hand Sanitiser, 1x No Touch hand wash system and refill, 1x ProFresh Citrus Splash shower gel, and 1x Surface Cleanser wipes.
- The giveaway opens on Monday 20th April 2015 and closes midnight AEST on Sunday 26th April 2015.
- The giveaway winner will be announced on Calm to Conniption on Monday 27th April 2015 and will be notified by email (if provided). If no reply by midnight 29th April, a runner-up will be chosen to receive the prizes. The Second Prize winner will be notified in the same way.
NB: This is not a sponsored post but I was given a product pack from Dettol with the opportunity to give another pack away to you guys so I am.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to my Mailing List!