Do you often get put off by buying gift vouchers because they are just a bit, well, boring?
Practical for sure but if you are into giving gifts and all the fun that it entails, giving a gift voucher or card is a bit of an anti-climax.
There are a lot of Bunnings gift cards that float around between the males in our family. This year I have gone out and just got a straight Bunnings voucher with nothing else to wrap for my Dad. I know that will be exactly what he wants and will love it, just like how I love RECEIVING gift cards too. Oh and it’s fine, he doesn’t read my blog so I am not ruining any surprises.
As I wrapped up all my gifts for people, I got to his one tiny gift card. Snore! So I jumped on Pinterest to find some inspiration on how to wrap it… Nothing! Not a single gimmicky idea for a hardware, auto shop, or outdoor gift card.
I made one. Well two actually. Perfect little gift card gift boxes to pump up those gift cards, plus they have room for a little chocolate or something it you want. All you need is the PDF printed on 200gsm paper (doesn’t have to be this heavy but this is what I like to use), a pair of scissors and glue.
Tips for the Garden Shed Gift Box.
- Cut out your shed and fold all your pieces up.
- Don’t forget to cut around your doors.
- If it isn’t an obvious fold, like the side walls or base I have added guide lines for you.
- You must check out the back of this one!
Tips for the Tool Box Gift Box.
- Cut out and fold all your pieces up first.
- The lid is a little wider and larger for effect on this one. You can cut it down if you prefer it the same size.
- I have added a little tongue that you can use to slide into the front of the box by adding a little slit on it. Or you can just cut off and use some Blutack or sticky.
- I have added a pipe-cleaner handle to mine by just piercing the top with a pencil and folding the ends of the pipe-cleaner inside.
Do you like? Something a little bit different. I ended up using the garden shed (because I love the little caterpillar on the back) and then wrapped it in Christmas wrap with the raffia bow on the outside.
Do you like buying gift cards or do you feel you need to do something a little more exciting?
If you are after other free printables (including gift ideas) just check out my page full of them!
I would love to see you socially!