Minimalism is such a buzzword of late and the idea of space and clutterless bench tops has me in awe, especially in a family home.
The first person I ever heard speak on slow living and minimalism that actually sparked my interest was Brooke McAlary, when I discovered her Slow Home Podcast a couple of years ago. I am such a fan of Brooke’s work and ideas that I hunted her down and joined the Jackrabbit.FM podcast network.
But that isn’t at all what this episode is about.
I wanted to chat to Brooke about what lead her to discover and take on a life of slow living, what steps happened on her journey and how it all works with a family in tow. Brooke also shares her struggle with postnatal depression and reflects on the strength of her “village”.
- Slow Your Home
- The Slow Home Podcast
- Destination Simple by Brooke McAlary
- Zen Habits
- Brooke’s reading and watching picks on nothing to do with slow living: The Walking Dead, Magaret Atwood, Black Mirror, Stephen King
- First, we make the beast beautiful – Sarah Wilson
- You can leave comments right here on The Mummy Soul Sessions Facebook page
- You can find Karin online at Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Don’t want to miss out on any of the upcoming episodes? I like your thinking!
Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher OR perhaps make things super easy and download the Jackrabbit.FM app (iOS or Android) where you can listen to all your favourite Jackrabbit.FM podcasts (Straight & Curly, Let It Be, The Slow Home Podcast to name just a few) in one place.
If you have a topic that you would love covered on an upcoming episode please send me an email or use #mummysoulsessions on Instagram or Twitter.