A Liebster award is such a nice thing to receive.
Sometimes with blogging when you are building a following it can be a little quiet starting up and self-doubt appears in all its ugliness. To receive a Liebster from one of your peers is a great pat on the back and a boost to refire the engines and smash a few more fantastic words out.
The beautiful Sam at The Annoyed Thyroid kindly nominated me at the end of last year for a Liebster award.
Have you visited Sam’s site. One freaking sun-shining, positive, smart, kick ass lady right there! Go, quick, check it out, I’ll wait here for you.
To find out what the Liebster is all about check out the last lot of Liebster love I received from Fleur at Our Urban Box.
I love answering questions. Especially those on my favourite subject, myself. 😉
So thank you Sammie for your nomination and here goes on your questions.
1. What do you love most about blogging? I love the community. It is always on. It is always helpful. It is always honest. It is also very soulful. I can’t wait for ProBlogger this year to meet some more of the awesome people I chat to nearly everyday. I enjoy catching up in real life with Brisbane-based bloggers when I can. It is a great little world I have found myself in.
I also love having my own space where I create my own destiny. If I don’t do it, it doesn’t get done. What I put in, I get out.
2. How/Why did you choose your blog’s name? Conniption has always been one of my favourite words. I have been known to BE a conniption at times. A spiralling out of control conniption on legs. Babies has settled that a fair bit though, thank goodness.
The calm part really is just the yin to conniption’s yang.
I spent so much time, 12 months ago, down a path to try to find my calm that I lost the fact that it would come from my own joy. You can try way to hard to be happy, or at peace, or calm that you never will be. Exhausting stuff that! Doing things that you love will bring you joy and happiness not pressuring yourself to read all the books and do all the things you are advised to.
Calm to Conniption is my little see-saw for one.
3. Cats or dogs? Dogs all the way, except for Jack Russells. I am not a cat person!
At my last house we had this neighbourhood cat that thought our yard and outdoor areas were its own private slaughter-house with a lavatory at every grass patch and garden bed.
I despised that cat. Go do it in your own yard. Cats are to smart for that. The whole ‘don’t shit where you eat’ thing.
One afternoon a very upset tween boy come and knocked on my door and accused me of stealing his cat because it had been spotted hanging out in our driveway and yard…
I do not steal cats. I do not want a cat. Don’t accuse me of wanting to spend time with your cat!
By the time the kid had left my door I am pretty sure by the look on his face that he was certain I didn’t steal his cat but may have killed it now instead. Fear written all over his teary eyes.
BIG NOTE: No cats were ever (or ever will be) harmed by me but many have had fists shaken at them, been cursed at, or bad things wished upon them.
I do have a kind heart I swear.
4. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Seafood, maybe that is a bit to broad. I am going to run with it. Oysters, prawns, crabs, bugs, calamari, fish. Yum! Nothing tastes better than a fresh natural oyster.
5.Who or what is your nemesis?
Kid’s with cheezel fingers.
6. What would be the theme song to your life? Oh hard!
When I was a teenager I thought No Doubt – Tragic Kingdom was the soundtrack to my life. Well it probably was my soundtrack for those years but I think it was more coincidence then Gwen Stefanie and I vibing on some extrasensory level. I have also come to realise that perhaps I wasn’t the first to wear plastic clip on flowers in my hair…and the obligatory bindi.
7. Sweet or savoury or both? Savoury for the win here. Bring me good cheese and wine and we are friends for life!
8. What’s your favourite month of the year? December is always an obvious choice because it just rocks with fun and festivities.
I also love February because it is Summer, the dust has settled from all the craziness of the holidays but it is still fun. Plus it’s my birthday!
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I think flying would be a great power to have. How easy would general living be and just think how low my carbon footprint could be! 🙂
10. What dish do you make the best? What’s your speciality a la maison? I make a great potato salad with the help of my Thermomix. Everything from scratch. Will have to share the recipe soon.
I also have fluked some great Chilli Mud Crab throw togethers but now living in Brisbane cheap (like free) mud crabs are harder to come by.
Now I know many of my favourite blogs have had some Liebster love and though they are very appreciative of the nomination they are very busy ladies. Also many of my current favourites are probably a bit bigger then the Liebster category. I thought instead I would just share with you some of my favourite blogs of the moment and if those writers are keen they could give Sam’s questions a crack too.
Some of my current favourite blogs are:
- A Little Part of the World
- From the Left Field
- Life, Love and Hiccups
- Cooker and a Looker
- Champagne Cartel
- Our Urban Box
- Our Town Brisbane
- Marns the Mama
- She Who Rambles
So much goodness there and also too much more to list!