Well it’s here! Tonight is Christmas Eve!
For us anyway.
Tomorrow our little family celebrates Christmas with all the good stuff. Now modified so it doesn’t blow the complete ass out of my blood sugar levels.
Tonight the husband has created a little den for himself in the lounge, drinking beer, watching rock concerts on the big screen and putting together a bike for Ari from his grandparents down in Victoria.
I am happily not inside this den of man-ness.
It has been a small challenge explaining to Ari that we are going to celebrate Christmas tomorrow but Santa isn’t coming until a few more sleeps after that. The one thing that made it not matter when Santa was coming… “You are very lucky and get to have two Christmas Days this year!” With that, no further explanation was required. Two Christmas Days = two lots of presents. He not silly.
Next week I am going to have a time out on the link list but will be back in the new year.
So without further ado, the Loving Link List, Christmas Edition:
- I have enjoyed watching Sonia from Life, Love and Hiccups share her Dubai trip with us but this post on hot air ballooning brought back a few memories and also gave me a chuckle watching the crazy landing. Lucky everyone was ok!
- This morning I mopped my heart out to this Christmas playlist from Adore Re Mi.
- Maxabella shared 125 (not even remotely boring) things to do at home and I saved that list fasted then you can say “No more Plahdoh!!”
- Also saved on my Bloglovin’ profile, these Creamy Chicken & Leek Parcels from Be A Fun Mum.
- So these Lemon & White Chocolate Truffles were on my ‘(try) to make’ list for Christmas until the untimely gestational diabetes card I was dealt on Thursday but I guess I will be nice and share it with you anyway.
- Lastly, I think I am going to do this with Pip Lincoln, A Year of Australian Writing. Have you heard about it? Are you going to take it on? I love Aussie fiction so think it will be easy for me to do it and love it all at the same time.
Have a safe and merry weekend before Christmas. I will still be around the traps though a little quieter for the week ahead.
Enjoy yourself and squeeze the ones you love.
Do you have two big Christmas Days? Are you celebrating this weekend too?
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to my Mailing List!