I am enjoying a relaxing weekend in the midst of Christmas craziness and have just got home from a little brunch with some lovely Brisbane Cookies. I think our catch ups could easily be an all day event!
Enjoying some cooler days following the storms of all last week and cleaning up in preparation for Christmas Day which is creeping up. Fast! We are celebrating on the 21st as my husband heads back to work on the 23rd but Santa of course will still visit on the 25th as long as Ari keeps up the good work.
A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders yesterday. A weight that I didn’t even recognise was there until it was gone. I sat my Gestational Diabetes glucose test in the morning and even though I don’t have the results as yet I’m a little relieved. What’s done is done.
It is not the fact of maybe having GD that is my worry. It is loosing my place in the midwife program I am on if it comes back positive. But it is done now, nothing can be changed. Fingers crossed it comes back all fine and I can keep going on the same path.
Always lots of great stuff on the inter-webs. Here is what I have been loving this week:
- I was inspired by these women who you probably haven’t heard about but really should have.
- I brightened my pantry with this free Pineapple download from Maiko Nagao.
- This beautiful story from Marns the Mama on how the ‘Scatter Love’ project has touched her family warmed the cockles.
- I peeked through the curtains at Hugzilla’s music inspired monochrome habitat.
- Also loved the home of Paula and Pete Mills on The Design Files.
- Downloaded the new super eCookbook, Flossie, from Cooker and a Looker.
- Was wowed by this photo shoot from Vogue with Isabelle Lucas, featured on Captain and the Gypsy Kid.
- This week I read lots of blogging posts from around the traps. Maybe a little too many. Loved this one on getting your blog ready for 2015. And this one which eased my mind a bit on creating a blogging schedule.
- I also spent a lot of time on lots of lovely bloggers pages who will be featuring on Calm to Conniption in the coming months. If you are a blogger and are keen to join them over here I will be closing the opportunity soon so be my guest and jump on board now.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
I think we might battle the crowds and visit some Christmas lights tonight. Wish me luck!
Where have you been hanging out on the inter-webs this week?
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to my Mailing List!