I remember when I didn’t get daylight savings. The only thing I could think it was good for was the reduced need for lighting for backyard bbq dinners.
“Think of the farmers!” I would say. Not knowing what I was supposed to think about when thinking about farmers and sunlight. I had just seen it on TV.
Now, as I am woken every Spring/Summer morning some time around 5am I don’t care about the farmers. Think of the parents!
I get daylight saving now. I see the benefits. Just let Queensland join in with the rest of the east coast and let me sleep in until 6am again.
I do understand that my “sleep in” is not classed as a primary benefit when it comes to moving the clocks forward an hour for the entire state but it would have me dancing in the 8pm sunshine if it happened.
Under heavy eyelids I have been bookmarking:
- This Burmese Chicken Coconut Curry had me salivating on my screen.
- Looking for something on TV? This list gave me some new shows to watch out for. I am also loving The Last Man on Earth. Thursday nights on ONE. Hilarious!
- My favourite piece of house porn this week was from The Design Files.
- Language alert but worth the bleeding ears (or should that be eyes). Hugzilla breaks down ALDI for the lovers.
- This was a big hit around the inter webs but definitely worth it. Lauren from The Thud shares her “expert” opinion on 10 things you should always say to your kids.
Have a wonderful weekend! x
Jump on in to The Ultimate Rabbit Hole link up.
Link up your weekly link list or just your favourite post of the week if you are not of the link list kind.
If you are not a blogger and you are wondering WTF?? Jump in and find some awesome pieces of online goodness found around the traps this week on the buttons below.
The link up will remain open until midnight on Monday. Jump in, get involved and spread the link up love around.
Jess from A Little Part of the World is taking some time out to work on some other pretty projects but will be back in the new year.
Grab a cup of tea or other beverage of choice and jump on in!
*By adding your link to The Ultimate Rabbit Hole (URH) link up you are giving the hosts a big yes to keeping you in the loop about upcoming URH link ups.
Enjoy your weekend!