“The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award recognises the unique voices of women bloggers around the world.”
Last month the sweet Sammie at The Annoyed Thyroid honoured me by passing on the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award. I love these little moments to share my answers to Sammie’s questions just as much as I love reading other Sisterhood award nominees.
Here I go:
1. Savoury or sweet?
Savoury all the way. A block of cheese over chocolate any day.
2. My food nemesis is tofu. What’s yours?
What a waste of time is tofu. My current one is capsicum. I love chilli and hot things but I just can’t stand the taste of capsicum. I’m also not a fan of bananas but that is pretty common. I have actually moved forward a bit with my bananaphobia and recently chopped a few up and threw them in the freezer to make some smoothies that never happened.
3. What’s your speciality a la maison?
At the moment it is this Pork Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni. I just love the flavours and it is so easy to make. There is just something that makes big pasta more comforting. I guess my meals will get a switch up coming into warmer weather. We do love a good BBQ in this house.
4. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Seafood for sure. Give me fresh oysters, Moreton Bay bugs and prawns any day of the week. Oh and I would need a lemon tree.
5. If you could have dinner with a famous person, who would it be and where would you go?
Lena Dunham. We would go out to a little dicey backstreet eatery that serves the best dumplings and then drink all the wine and speak random thoughts until the early hours of the morning. Mixing it up with sporadic squeals of “oh my gwad, I love this song” and dancing. I would also need a time machine, taking me back to before kids and when I could stay awake past 10pm.
6. What dish would you make if you were auditioning for Masterchef?
Argh! I would need my Thermomix and I might whip up an authentic carbonara. Fry up a little bit of packet Pan Bread to go with. I would be “in like Flynn”… or not. The Block is more my speed of reality TV though I would happily be a Masterchef taster.
7. What’s the best restaurant you’ve ever been to?
8. What’s the best holiday you’ve ever had?
Oh this is so hard. I live for holidays.
Fiji was brilliant for our honeymoon. It was the first time I had a sit by the pool type of holiday but it did take about 48 hours to ease into it. We also lashed out with our own bungalow with private plunge pool.
I also loved my month in the USA as it was my first solo holiday and I was a bit adventurous bouncing all around the place, a little bit of Contiki and a chunk of solo exploring.
Actually my best holiday experience would have been when I went trekking in Northern Thailand. It was just so far removed from home and was a whole lot more “remote” than what I was expecting. A wonderful surprise.
9. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I am a night owl but even these days I can’t stay up too late or else I end up in a panic. Being an early bird would be lovely. Getting up before the kids seems like bliss but unfortunately their little sonar picks up the flutter of my eyelids opening and one of them will always wake up too.
10. What’s one thing you would never do or never eat?
I always wanted to go sky diving but then I watched a friends DVD and I saw just how everything looks from that high up and decided it wasn’t for me. I find the older I get the bigger scaredy cat I become. I’m not sure if that is what comes with kids or it is just the smarts to value my life more but I just can’t make myself to things like that.
A long time ago I went on a bungee bullet, I was young and stupid!
So there you have it! My 10 questions from The Annoyed Thyroid answered and now it is time for me to pass on the love and share with you 10 of my favourites from around the traps. You can see my full list of my favourite blogs (I am sure I have probably missed a few) on my Blog Roll.
- She Who Rambles
- Patchwork Cactus
- The Thud
- Toilets Aren’t For Turtles
- From The Left Field
- Mother Down Under
- Peachy Keen Mumma
- My 2 Morrows
- A Little Part Of The World
Don’t feel obliged ladies but as part of passing on the torch here are your 10 questions.
- If you have the opportunity to be home alone and had nothing pressing to accomplish, what do you do?
- What is your favourite way to listen to music? e.g. Live, drink in hand etc
- Do you have a secret talent?
- What will be on your Christmas list to Santa this year? Yep, I said the C-word!
- What is the biggest book you have ever read?
- What was your first car?
- What is you most favourite TV series ever?
- Do you remember the last time you pulled an “all-nighter”?
- What post have you written that has become your favourite?
- What nickname did you have as a kid?
Now it is your turn. Pick one or two of the question above and fill me in in the comments below. I love hearing from you.
Want more Calm to Conniption? Subscribe to my fortnightly newsletter and get some pretty freaking cool motivating mini posters to print yourself.