This page contains a couple of affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here. Thanks!
One of the many rewards I am finding of posting on this little blog of mine is the great community of other bloggers I have joined. These ladies are like the support of a Triumph E cup bra! I hope that’s supportive. I know Triumph do great things with my little C.
I was tickled pink on Friday to receive a Liebster Blog Award nomination from the fabulous Fleur at Our Urban Box.
Now if, like me on Friday, you have never heard of the Liebster, here is the scoop.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers, by fellow bloggers. As a way of recognising your blog and a way to connect and discover other fabulous blogs out there.
A few rules that come with the nomination are:
- Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated you. Hi Fleur at Our Urban Box.
- Answer ten questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
- Create ten questions for nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees.
- Get an award button and display it proudly.
I am loving the questions that Fleur gave me. Hopefully you will learn something new too.
1. What was the last book you read? It was Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. Loved it, completely recommend. Currently reading Not That Type of Girl by Lena Dunham. Yeah, it’s ok. I am on a chapter of gold at the moment but to say it is all gold would be fibs.
2. Do you have any holiday plans coming up? No, oh sad! My husband and I have been talking about a mini break before baby number 2 arrives in February. Just to somewhere close. Not sure it will happen though. Christmas is just around the corner!!
3. If you could choose any era to live in, what would it be? Hard! I am thinking the 70’s. I think I would be a mash up of Stevie Nicks and Kitty Forman (That 70’s Show). Past experience proves I can rock a perm.
4. What is your drink of choice? Tea or water. A little too much tea of late and not enough water! If we are talking the fun stuff I love a good wine or mojito, when I am not pregnant obviously.
5. Autumn or Spring? Spring. Nothing beats that “Finally we are through Winter” feeling.
6. What is one thing on your want list at the moment? My husband has been asking this question too as he wants to get ready for Christmas and right now I am stuck! I wanted a diary for next year and just bought one. I wanted the new iPhone, it’s now on order. I do really want that holiday I spoke of above so maybe I will say that.
7. What is the best thing that happened to you this week? I sold our old pram! Woohoo! Makes me not feel so bad for spending a crap load of money on a new fancy one for baby number 2.
I also organised a few life things I had been putting off. You know, the ones where you actually have to call someone to arrange something so it is less of a pain in the ass but the whole process makes you want to shove pencils in your eyes.
8. If you had the chance to go see any band or performer (alive or dead) who would it be? OK so this changes weekly for me. Today, having been a hot one and relaxed, I will set the scene with sunshine, broad-brimmed hats, fresh cut grass and a festival line up of Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young, and Bob Dylan.
9. Favourite chocolate bar? I don’t like chocolate. Yes, that’s right. I don’t like chocolate. Well, I do make one exception for Nestle Milky Bar.
10. If you had to give yourself a new name, what would you pick? I like my name now. I didn’t when I was younger as I always wanted to buy those novelty things with your name on it but no one sells Karin with an ‘i’. Still to this day I buy one if I see it with my name on it. Making up for my youth maybe.
When I was around 10 or 11 I decided to give myself a nickname. It was KB2000… I really didn’t understand nicknames or know how to be cool.
So now to my nominations. This is a hard one because I am thinking a lot of the up and coming bloggers I am loving at the moment may have already been nominated plus there are quite a few that I KNOW have been. So let’s just run with who me and my Bloglovin’ feed are getting down to. Maybe you have already received your nomination you can answer the questions anyway for the fun of it?
Reannon at She Who Rambles
Emma at 93 Frocks
Kristy at Loulou Zoo
Sasha at From the Left Field
Marney at Marns The Mama
Jo at You had us at Hello
Lauren at The Thud
Lauren at Create Bake Make
Teresa at All Things Vintage (FYI Teresa is my cousin and I love seeing what family are up to)
Lauren at Life at Number Five
Well this little list shows that I read about a lot of Lauren’s!
And here are your questions…
- Early bird or night owl?
- Hollywood are making a movie about your life story. Which actor would you want to play you?
- What would your last supper be?
- When you are in a rush to get out of the house, what is the one thing you often forget to do?
- Organising: digital or paper diary?
- For your next holiday, do you want to make it domestic or international?
- All time favourite book?
- How would you like to read it: paper or kindle?
- When you need to pump yourself up what tunes do you play?
- Favourite quote?
I hope you like your questions ladies and keep up the awesome posts I have been enjoying.
Have you come across blogging awesome of late? Fill me in!