Our Christmas tree is not decked out in colour-coordinated bubbles and tinsel. It does not have a fancy base. It is all the colours of the rainbow, in no specific order and filled with ornaments ranging from sentimental (they are at the top) to the “holy crap our tree looks empty” el’cheapo balls bought to fill the gaps.
The past two years I have bought a couple of new ornaments that are a little more special. Ones that are unique and perhaps cost a little more than a Kmart special bucket buy. But I get one or two and that is it for the year.
OK, I will own it… I find it very hard to restrain myself!
Here are a few of my picks for this year. It seems I have a bit of a theme going.
- So this picture is of my actual ornaments. I loved the one I bought for Ari’s first Christmas I had to get the exact same for Leni. So beautiful and perfect. Each year they have a different animal so it is kinda special. From Graphic Spaces Wood on Etsy. $28.86 each. They are based in the USA but are very efficient and delivery is pretty good.
- These Christmas trees pair nicely with my apparent wooden theme. There is something that I love about linen and these locally made, hand screenprinted neon trees are ticking all the boxes. From Splendid Love through Down That Little Lane. $20.00 each. Also available in a 3 pack for $50.00.
- I couldn’t go past this little guy. A little naff but perfect for a dino-loving threenager. Available at Typo for a super thrifty $4.95.
- I’m not sure what it is but I am loving a bit of Australiana at the moment. Again with the wood! I know, sorry, but wood is cool. #sorrynotsorry These little creatures are from Bryne Woodcare again through Down That Little Lane. $20.00 for the set of 5.
- Camper dreaming. Who doesn’t love Summer holidays? This ornament casts my mind away to weekends away with my Mr (prior to kids of course and all imaginary). From Dick & Dora through Hard To Find. $22.95 with free shipping.
- Extravagant? Yes, but wow it’s beautiful. Imagine passing this personalised glass bauble down to your grandkids? Sentimental me! From Maria Allen in the UK through Hard To Find. $81.00 with free shipping.
- It’s no ones first Christmas but you love personalised decorations? Forget the glitter-glued names from the shopping centre mall. I love these personalised bamboo decos and you don’t have to worry about anything breaking if grabbed off the tree by little ones. This is from Colour and Spice through Hard To Find again. $28.00 with free shipping.
Note: None of these are affiliate links. Prices correct as at 18/11/2015 and are in AUD.
Do you theme your tree? Or does anything go? Do you like wooden things too?
Want more Calm to Conniption? Subscribe to my fortnightly newsletter and get some pretty freaking cool motivating mini posters to print yourself.